FRESHMEN: Wednesday, Oct. 29, 4:15 PM | Home vs. SM North | @ SME on the turf field
VARSITY: Friday, Oct. 31, 7 PM | Away vs. SM North | @ SM North District Stadium
Chili Cook-off Tailgate @ 5 PM - see details below
JV: Saturday, Nov. 1, 10 AM | Away vs. St Thomas Aquinas | @ St. Thomas Aquinas
TOP 6! LANCER GRIDIRON CLUB UPDATES
1. WEDNESDAY, OCT. 29 | 5 to 9 PM | FUNDRAISER NIGHT @ BLUE MOOSE IN THE VILLAGE. Players will bring home a coupon for you to present when you place your order.
2. FRIDAY’S CHILI COOK-OFF TAILGATE: 5 to 6:30 PM | SM North District Stadium parking lot. Join us for our final tailgate of the regular season! Cook-up a crock-pot of chili to share and enter the Lancer Gridiron Annual Chili Cook-off! Wear your Halloween costume for fun or just stop by and get warmed up with a delicious bowl of chili with all the fix-ins! It’s $5 per person for chili, homemade cornbread and a vote in the chili contest!
Click the link below and let us know if you’ll be joining us!
3. FRIDAY’S CANNED FOOD DRIVE: The Junior Class Student Council will be collecting cans and monetary donations for the Johnson County Christmas Bureau before the Varsity game on Friday. Look for the donation bins by the stadium entrance.
4. SME STUDENT HEART SCREENING NEW DATE: A December 13 date has now been added since the November 22 date is already full! SMSD & ATS Heart Check is offering a limited number of heart screenings for the discounted rate of $99 to SMSD students and their siblings, ages 10 and older. Testing includes an EKG, blood pressure test and echocardiogram (heart ultrasound). Appointments are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis, and must be scheduled online through the website: www.ATSHeartCheck.com. Click "Schedule a Test" to access both the scheduling. Pre-Registration is required by visiting ATS HeartCheck Online Scheduler and selecting “Shawnee Mission East” from the Appointment Locator, or calling (888) 862-8518. These special rates are made possible by grants provided by the Strive for Life Foundation and the Jordan Robert Mann Foundation. Financial assistance is available.
5. SHOUT OUTS AND THANK YOUS!
* Thanks to John and Cynthia Sheridan for donating Sheridan’s Custard for team activities throughout the 2014 season. John & Cynthia are longtime Lancer football supporters and we appreciate their generosity!
* Thanks to Chipotle for hosting and to everyone who participated in our fundraiser night earlier this month.
STAY IN THE LOOP!
Coach Delaney’s Twitter: @SME_Football (You can also see this twitter feed from the website!)