What an exciting time to be a Lancer fan and part of our football community! Take a look below at the game schedules (that JV Leavenworth game is NOT a misprint) and some of the other fun events happening this week. Also, check out the special shout-outs to local businesses and volunteers who have recently donated to or stepped up to help with football events!
THIS WEEKS GAME SCHEDULE: (Schedule changes in red)
FRESHMEN: Saturday, Oct. 25, 10 AM | Home vs. Wyandotte | @ SME on the turf field
VARSITY: Friday, Oct. 24, 7 PM | @ Wyandotte High School (2501 Minnesota Ave. KC, KS 66102) Directions: Take I-635 North to State Ave in Kansas City. Take exit 5 from I-635 N, right onto State Ave., Take the 3rd Right onto N 38 St., Take the 1st Left onto Minnesota Ave., school on the right. There is only one set of bleachers on this field.
JV: Saturday, Oct. 25, 10 AM | Away @ Leavenworth | 2012 10th Avenue, Leavenworth, KS 66048 Directions: I-70 West to KS-7 N/US-73 N to Eisenhower Rd, Left onto Eisenhower Rd, Right onto 10th Ave, Left onto Marion St, Right onto Grand Ave
TOP 6! LANCER GRIDIRON CLUB UPDATES
1. Wednesday: Minsky’s Fundraiser | 11 AM - 10 PM | In the Village
Present the flyer on Wednesday when you place your order or pick-up your take-out, and Minsky’s will donate 10% of sales back to the football team. Share the flyer with friends!
2. Thursday: Pep Rally and Bonfire | 7 to 9:30 | SME Softball Field
The All Sports Booster Club is sponsoring this annual fall event! All students and and Lancer fans are welcome to attend! Free food and drinks for students! Varsity & JV Football Players - attend the bonfire at 7 PM then go to team meeting at 8 PM
4. Saturday: 13th Annual Hot Dog Stand for Breast Cancer | 12:30 PM | 3621 W. 63rd Street.
Join Matt Schotte (sophomore player) and his family as they continue their tradition of giving! $3 will get you a hot dog, chips and a drink.
5. Halloween Game Trunk-or-Treat & Chili Cook-off Tailgate
Look for the E-vite soon that will provide details on what is certain to be the most fun tailgate of the season.
6. Shout-Outs and Thank Yous
• Thanks to the McGee family and Q39 Kansas City BBQ for donating to the sophomore team party! Try out the hottest BBQ spot in town! http://www.q39kc.com
• Thanks to Leslie Brett, Chuck Matney and The Little Flower Shop—opening in early November— for donating corsages to our senior moms at last week’s Senior Night game. Keep them in mind for your future flower needs!
• Thank you to Marcia Minkoff for providing the senior families with their Senior Night photos. Check out Marcia’s sideline football action shots: http://marciaimages.com
• Thanks to the many volunteers (too many to name) who hosted team gatherings, coordinated Senior Night details, helped with pre-game dinners, sold spirit wear, and the list goes on and on! You all are appreciated!
STAY IN THE LOOP!
Coach Delaney’s Twitter: @SME_Football (You can also see this twitter feed from the website!)